20/009/03 - Qimmiq Kennels is the largest full-service Kennel in the Canadian North. We are currently seeking a responsible, motivated and professionally trained groomer to add to our team.
Do you have talent and experience as a professional groomer? Have excellent organization skills? Are you good with people and dogs? Are you able to manage multiple tasks at once? Are you responsible, detail oriented, consciousness and hard-working? If so, we have a great job opportunity for you!
This job is a full time position, paid hourly with all overtime PAID! There is no "feast or famine" approach with this grooming position. If you work, you will get paid 40-hour per week no matter what, and receive all tips and yearly bonuses as well. Its a great opportunity to make a good living doing what you love with low living costs.
- Managing the day-to-day grooming of large and small dogs with a large variety of grooming needs.
- Being able to care for and maintain own tools as well as maintain a clean work environment.
- Being able to maintain supply and tool inventory.
- Being able to organize appointments and use time efficiently.
- Being able to communicate directly with clients, as well as booking/invoicing clients.
- Must be willing to assist occasionally where needed with drop-in nail trims and other grooming-related drop-in tasks.
- Must be computer and dog savvy. and not shrink in the face of a little chaos or physical work.
- Must be positive in nature, and have good interpersonal skills as well as be willing to work independently and with care.
- Needs to have some professional grooming experience and be a serious dog lover, work well with others and be willing to apply your talents and efforts where needed to do the best job possible in a ever changing and hectic kennel environment.
Preference given to exceptionally trustworthy, responsible and mature individuals who will be able to "run the show" logically and without constant supervision. We are a family owned business and we look after each other and work as a team.
Position could include staff housing and yearly bonuses for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time - year round
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour (depending on experience)
Bonus: $2500. after 12-months of uninterrupted service
Qimmiq Is located in Yellowknife NT. Our vibrant Northern town is lively, welcoming and unique. Northern lights, fresh air, clean water and open space abound! We also have all the opportunities and amenities of a capital city with a huge variety of entertainment, sports and recreation opportunities.
Interested in a unique adventure and an excellent job opportunity?
Please send a cover letter outlining your experience, related qualifications and abilities as well as a resume to : or call us today at 867-766-2345
Note: Covid Quarantine will likely be required for any out-of-territory hires, and Qimmiq will provide free housing and board for this process to make it as worry-free and easy as possible.